Sunday, November 21, 2010

I need to be free of my idiot father.?

My father does nothing but stand in the way of my schoolwork, life, and leaser time. Whenever he is around he sucks the fun out of everything. For instance, he continuously threatens to take away my computer, and has a few times, yet no matter what I say he fails to understand the simple fact that without my computer I will flunk school. My computer not only has all of my papers onboard, but is used everyday for me to take notes in class. I can not take notes with a pencil and paper because the teacher talks fast and in order to keep up my handwriting gets to the point where I can't even read it myself. He also has a really bad taste in music. This would not be notable if he wasn't deaf and didn't refuse to get his ears checked, because of what I can only imagine to be some pointless sense of pride in refusing to get his ears checked he blasts music through the house and in the car. This is not okay! Not only is it annoying, its distracting and is ruining my ears too. No matter how much I try to reason with him he doesn't listen insisting that his ears are okay. He is very arrogant. He also is constantly trying to exercise. I am not overweight or anything. No matter how many times I say I do not want to waist my life with girls or building mussels he doesn't listen. I am 16 this should be my decision. fortunately he goes on business trips a lot so I don't have to deal with him, but when he is at home he makes my life miserable. What I am asking is a way to minimize the damage to my life, and studies. Physiology, Methods of coping, anything! All talking, attempts at reason, or any other method I can think of has failed. And to help you answer this question I would like to let you know that I have no problem emberissing myself, I have no sense of pride, and I couldn't care less about trying to present myself in a manly fashion, all of which are very important to him. I think all of these things are a waist of time. Before you present a counter argument to this let me remind you that I am asking about my father, not my outlook on life.I need to be free of my idiot father.?
Get a job, move out, live you life your way or stay there, put up with Dad and enjoy living off him?I need to be free of my idiot father.?
Well, this would be quite cruel of you to do, but one way to convince your father to go get a hearing test would be to mouth words around him instead of actually speaking. He might say, ';Stop tricking me!'; or think that you are doing it on purpose. If so, try to get other people to do it as well, that he wouldn't expect such behavior from. I know this is rude, but really, if your dad needs his hearing checked, he needs to be persuaded. That should solve the problem of the loud music.



Next time he takes away your computer, go find a teacher that you like or trust, or at least are on respectable terms with, and have him/her call your father and explain to him that you can't work without a computer. If you can't do that, then sit down and try to reasonably explain to your father why you need the computer. He should listen. If he is being totally immature and unreasonable and refusing to listen, save up your own money and buy a secondhand laptop or a netbook.



You said you are 16, right? You've only got 2 more years until adulthood/college. So stick it out till then and try to be respectful to your father even when he is driving you crazy. He is your father, after all. So until 2012... good luck!
Sounds like the generation gap that most sons and fathers experience. He is probably worried that you are gay or a computer nerd that will end up like the 40 yr old virgin, this makes him feel like he has failed as a father, regardless if it is true or not. Try doing what he wants without complaining on a weekend and have a little fun with him. Wear some earplugs to protect your hearing but he will just call ya a wuss. Keep in mind in 2 years you will be on your own. Hopefully you will become friends a few years after college.
well just to let you know is that im sorry about your dad.... but if your dad was my dad would have probably would have told your dad off.. sorry but i would have... i would just tell him you have a life and you just need some space... but my dad don't do that do me cuz he knows i will tell him off and leave him... you should just scare the crap out of him.. but just getting your stuff and leaving... if you don't want to do that then i don't know what to tell you then... but if you need more help just email me at rios.margaret67@yahoo.com

and dont listen to the person on top of this... cuz he is just a asshole okay

No comments:

Post a Comment