Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How to approach best friend who's lying?

I've discovered my best friend has been lying to me on occasion. Occasionally he says he's going to his Dad's house when I found out he's actually going to hang out with one girl who takes advantage of him -- wanting rides to far-off places, wanting to get into bars, etc.



These are only occasional and I know he's probably lying because I don't like how she takes advantage of him. But it really bothers me more that he lies about it. How should I confront his lying -- tell him to have fun with ';Miriam'; the next time he says he's going to his dad's house on a Friday night?How to approach best friend who's lying?
It sounds like a good idea...



He can get a little bit mad but that's your job as a best friend - try to protect him. Explain him that there's no reason to lie and that you would always be on his side ;)How to approach best friend who's lying?
I think the best thing that you will do is talk to him that he don't need to lie to you because as a friend you was just concern about him now if he still choose to be with that girl and if he is happy with her then you have nothing to do about it, It will be his choice and you have already did your part as his best friend. Explain to him, tell him what you feel and respect his decisions because that's what friends are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment