Sunday, November 21, 2010

How does she really feel about me?

So there was this girl that I 'dated' for about a month, but it was never really official. We became official a few days before Valentine's day and after that she stopped talking to me and a week later she told me that she had let me get to close to her and she wasn't ready for this yet (she's 15 and I'm 17) so it couldn't continue any further. It took me a couple weeks to get over her, and now I can talk to her again without it being awkward. However, every time I see her I think,';what if?'; and I still like her a lot. Would it be inappropriate if I tried to connect with her again like when we were 'dating' and maybe even ask her to a school dance? I miss how she made me feel but I don't want to screw up this friendship again. If so, how should I approach this?



So two months have passed since this and from the answers I got last time I left it alone and didn't approach it. We became friend again, and from proximity we started getting a lot closer again. She initiated a lot of the old stuff that we used to do, late night e-mails, calling me by the nickname she gave me again, she told me that I have no idea how much I still mean to her. Then things started getting awkward again and there was some distance for a week and a half or so. Then one night she was having some trouble with family so I just held her for a while to comfort her. Later that night she called me and left me a message which I didn't check for a few days. That next day though, I actually ended up asking her to my Prom and she said that she'd love to, and the day after that, I had checked my messages and in it she said that she loved me.



I was on the top of the world. However, things are really clinical between us now, it might just be the stress of AP testing but she doesn't email anymore, whenever she talks she usually just finds out what she wants to know then leaves. No greeting, no goodbye, and if she does say goodbye she tells me to stop talking so that she can leave. I remember how it was a long time ago when she'd say she'd have tons of work but she'd always take the time out of her day to write me a page long e-mail, and that even though she was really stressed out about school, that I would always be able to calm her down.



ANYWAYS, that was really long, if you actually read all of that.. BRAVO! %26gt;%26lt; So I guess I don't really know how I feel. I want things to go back to how they were the first time, when she would always tell me that I was on her mind, that she missed me, that I made her smile all the time. It's not like that even though she told me that she loved only two weeks ago. I'm afraid that this is following the same pattern as last time, I got to close and it just hit her so she's trying to back off. Right now I'm hoping its just stress, but still, circumstances like these never kept her from me the first time.How does she really feel about me?
Well I've certainly seen worse as far as length is concerned--so BRAVO lol

Now, from what I can gather from this situation you are seventeen years of age, one year from being a legal adult, she is fifteen...three years away from being out on her own. Let me try to elaborate from a female's perspective, if you do not mind.



Insecurity Number one : I was afraid to let go and love, now I have, will he try to take advantage of me?

This one is so common amongst women it will break even the strongest of relationships up, as with any insecurity if obsessive. After experiencing a yearning or ';love'; for an individual, for most likely the first time, the initial reaction will be fear. Fear of being tied down maybe, taken advantage of in a sexual aspect even if the subject has yet to arise, you name it, us females think it. In this case, an explanation or reassuring conversation must take place; state you have no intention upon hurting her, whether it be a relationship or friendship you maintain.



Insecurity Number two : I'm fifteen, he's seventeen...I'll still be in high school when he's partying in college. This one is pretty self-explanatory. College is a fearful word in any serious or in-the-process-of-developing relationship. The word that comes to mind when ';College'; is spoken is not Education, but ';Partying, Sex, Booze.'; When thinking about the reality of the age difference and situation, who would not feel insecure. Once more, communicate and address these insecurities she may have.



Insecurity number three : I'm fifteen, I have my whole life ahead of me. This is a tough one most mature teens face, I like to call you young adults but ';teens'; is so common a days, if I say young adult someone would most likely assume I'm referring to someone in their twenties (I'm a young adult or ';teen'; too -19). Often, a seventeen year old will have a proper up-bringing and find that emotion, heart, and personality is what shapes a human and seek a companion that embraces these feelings of adequacy. However at this age and your choices varying in age, those you may want or yearn for, may not be ready for such a commitment. This is where the statement, ';Nice guys finish last'; will come into play so to speak. If you truly care for this girl, inform her, as I stated previously about every other topic, that you are willing to wait until she finds the time to express herself honestly and openly about the future of your friendship or relationship.



I wish you good luck and do hope that everything will work out for the best.

Do try to call her, and if no answer is given, leave a simple, yet neutral tone voice mail stating, '; I would like to talk to you when you can find the time.'; No pressure, yet reminding her, this situation is still here, and I'm not going away.

No comments:

Post a Comment