Thursday, October 28, 2010

How would people react to an Indian guy - Black girl or Indian guy - Latina relationship in your area?

So currently I live in the deep south, I am a high school senior and soon I will be going to college in Connecticut (Yale University in New Haven). In the area I live in most Black and White people don't really care but some Hispanic people (mainly the ones who came here from NYC and Los Angeles) really throw a fit and as do Indian people. The girl I am currently dating is Hispanic.



Recently I ran into a Mexican guy who found out that my girlfriend was Hispanic, at first he thought I was Hispanic and when he found out that I wasn't, trouble came out. My girlfriend doesn't even know him but he walks up to her and starts flirting with her, she ignores him, he says ';oh you gonna give Borat slum rat over there a chance but you can't appreciate a man of your own culture?';. My girlfriend (being as mean as she is) told the guy to grow some height and grab some tweezers to pleasure himself with, since his hands can't do the job. I tried not to laugh but a guy near me laughed real loud.



Now today I was talking to my Black friend who is originally from Los Angeles. He told me that out there I would run into so much trouble because the Hispanics there hate it when my ';type'; go with their women. I don't plan on moving out west since they are generally more racist towards my type anyways.



So I was wondering, if people in your area saw an Indian guy with a Black girl or Latina, how would they react? (by Indian I mean from India)



**also guys I know this question may be getting old but I am just a bit stressed about this ya know, moving to a brand new area and what not.How would people react to an Indian guy - Black girl or Indian guy - Latina relationship in your area?
I've answered your question before... I've been in such a relationship.. Where I live Hispanic/black and Indians intermingling is extremely common. I can understand the stress you are under dealing with all the issues you and your girlfriend are going through In the south and the west coast, there seems to be less of an accepting attitude in general. People from those areas tend to be more colorstruck/racist.. I was shocked to find out in the south they still have ';redbone get discount admission'; parties. Over on the eastern coast, IR relationships are much more accepted and common. Just hang in there, times are changing and people are getting less and less unaccepting, and turning with the tide. As long as you and your gf keep your love for one another strong, nobody else will matter.How would people react to an Indian guy - Black girl or Indian guy - Latina relationship in your area?
i have a black aunt that was married to an indian man for over 30 years until death parted them
Black girls never seem with indian

Hispanic girls one time with an indian

White girls one time also.
kool stuff lol
In Miami it's nothing but Latin people here and you would probably face racism here.
I was in a similar situation as you I had a bf from Pakistan and a lot of people in the Hispanic community did say hurtful things about us, like that I was betraying my community and that I wanted to be beat and covered (Muslim stereotypes). My parents didn't like it, his didn't even know. So, now it's over.



I hope you don't let the pressures of society cause your relationship to end. :D
I currently live in Rhode Island and I have seen tons of Indian guy - Latina relationships but I have only seen Indian guy - Black girl only once or twice. As for how people react.



Indian guy - Latina: Usually most people don't care because they think the two look alike but sometimes you may see a Hispanic guy or two who would not like the couples. Other than Hispanic guy nobody really cares, it is not that rare here and in Canada it is very common.



Indian guy - Black girl: Some people may stare to see what is up but most don't care that much.
It's not a big deal here in Philadelphia. People would not mind.
No one would give them a second thought, interracial couples of all kinds are very common where I live, and I love that about my city. When my children were growing up, my house look like the united nations, some of every race in and out of my house daily, my children had friends from all races because they were raised to look at the inner person, not their skin color.I have 2 sons and they have dated white girls, mexican, korean, interracial girls,Jamaican, one of my sons is married to his mexican childhood sweetheart and they have 4 beautiful children.I have no problem with any race.
We don't take kind to black with non-black, that's just how we were brought up. As for your Latina, your race mixing doesn't bother us.
Hopefully people would even notice and go on with their lives. It's perfectly normal, it's ok.
it depends... in my area its a lot culture friendly even in some parts of the city but sometimes theres other areas that discriminate that type of sh*t luckly for me im hispanic so not a lot of black people will say sh*t just b/c im not white (sry but thats the truth) but if a couple was a black/white relationship it would be very bad.
I live in Canada and I can't see there being a problem with you dating anyone here. There are a lot of interracial couples in my neighbourhood and everyone is completely fine with it. We don't really care who dates who. We all get a long and we all have respect for eachother.

I feel bad that you're so stressed over something that you shouldn't have to be stressed about. You should be able to date whoever you want to date without having to be bothered by idiots. Live you life the way that makes you the most happiest and quit worrying about what jerks have to say. Their opinion doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment