Thursday, October 28, 2010

How to confront people?

I have been a quiet kid in my grade forever. People get exited when I talk, and im not that popular. Ive never gone out with a girl and I get nervous when people try to talk to me. How do I become more ';Social';.How to confront people?
Try getting into sports or take a speech class.How to confront people?
Honestly, don't do any public speaking that will terrify you. I was like that and I still am now. Now what are you get at? Sports, reading, eating? Join clubs and think abotu the things that you are good at or things that you like and then just join. It's hard going up to people who are already talking about things, but if you just smile a little and talk about things that you have in common. Say some simple things like if you decide to join a book club. ';What did you think about the last book?'; Popularity isn't everything in the world, I honestly believe one solid friendship is better then anything. Since you've known these people for awhile complain about the homework or about a teacher or maybe how you like that teacher or even talk a little about the assignments.
Take an interest in other people. Ask them questions about their interests, their opinions, their families, their pets... anything. People loooove to talk about themselves, and appreciate when someone takes an interest. Make sure to compliment freely, and criticize rarely.

No comments:

Post a Comment