Thursday, October 21, 2010

How can a guy be more approachable to women?

I know this is a little odd, as it is customary for a guy to approach a woman, but I know there are women out there who approach guys first sometimes. I am perfectly content with being single so I don't go around and approach women or even try to start up a conversation with them to try and date them. However, I wouldn't mind ';seeing where it goes'; if I was approached first. So, how do I do that in my current situation?





First off, I am a 21 year old college student in engineering. I don't get out much and when I do, I am with a group of people usually. maybe a few other guys I study with, or maybe 10 other guys and girls I am friends with and study with as well. I study in the library a lot, but nobody ever comes up to me or anything. Of course, it is a freakin library so I guess others assume everyone is there to study and not be disturbed for the most part, which I would say is correct. I would say I am ';Fit'; but not too muscular. I have been going to a gym for 4 months so far so I am working on it. A lot of people tell me I look like Topher Grace (Eric Foreman from ';That 70's Show';). Honestly, I have lost count of how many times I have been told I look like him! Anyway, any advise? Maybe just staying single and a little lonely is just best? I haven't had a date in three years now...How can a guy be more approachable to women?
First of all, I don't know how any wise guy would want to take The Man's advice there. He sounds like he's really bitter with all the women he's encountered and decided that being single is the way to go. But I don't agree with it.





Secondly, I've met and seen a lot of guys who are typically like you: 21-years old, college student, sometimes alone or with a group of guys... and even though a guy looks fit and is not bad looking, he doesn't seem to have much luck with women. The only time you will know that a girl is typically outgoing and not shy is if she can talk to ANY guy, including you. Some girls WILL approach guys when they NEED to. There is still a majority of girls who will notice guys but don't dare approach them because of their conservative standing.





Anyways, my advice? Don't WAIT for a girl to approach you. Honestly, if there's one thing I'd want for guys to learn from an old fashion approach is to stop being wallflowers and just talk to women like normal human beings. It's not like they're gonna ignore you or be scared of you. Sometimes I do get a little taken aback when a guy starts talking to me but it's more like, ';oh wow this guy actually has the nerve to talk to me'; and I'd be more than likely to talk to him the next time I see him. Believe me, you will have an affect on any women that you encounter.





But remember, first impressions do count, so the best thing for you to do is to be polite. If you just want to find an excuse to talk to a girl, then ask her a question like... ';oh do you know what time it is?'; Sometimes asking her questions (nothing personal) that you just need quick information on, no matter how random it is, would just be a helpful start. And then if you're comfortable, you can ask her... ';so, what's your name?'; or if that's too direct, try stating your name first. This way, she'd be prompted to tell you hers.How can a guy be more approachable to women?
Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen is my motto. And it works!
You're in college. There are bound to be a lot of student organizations and activities, so pick two, and get involved. If the group seems to be composed of mostly guys, then find another one. Don't expect women to approach you in the library. It MIGHT happen, but most women are in the library to study or do research, not to hook up. Also, women are NOT going to find you if you're holed up in your room. You do have to put yourself out there in order for women to see you, and possibly approach you.





When choosing classes, try to choose at least one class per semester that's not related to your major. This isn't just relationship advice, but life advice. By trying classes in different fields, you will meet people that you otherwise wouldn't meet.





Don't hang around with more than one other guy. Most women don't feel comfortable approaching a group of men.





If you do meet a woman, and she's nice, but not right for you, try to stay friends. She might be right for one of your male friends, and she might know of another woman who might be right for you. People usually meet potential dates by having mutual aquaintances.
I know how that can be. I practically live in the library and it's very sexually frustrating. I'd suggest getting laid before you try and appear 'approachable', because then women will probably see you more as a cute little nerd, and less as just yet another horny guy. Never look to serious, if they think that you're like obsessed with your work, they aren't going to come up to you and have their heads bitten off.





What do you see when you look at women you deem 'approachable'? Just emulate that, minus the cleavage! Good Luck!
be respectful to women and decent. is that too much to ask?
for a time girls will do that, but then they learn why they should not. I won't go into that for males. You already have a gas bag on the loose here.

No comments:

Post a Comment