Thursday, October 28, 2010

How can I deal with this situation...?

Okay this is a little long but here goes. My fiancee have been together for over a year now. We have been together pretty much every single day since we got together. We are perfect for each other or so we think. We rarely ever argue and we always have fun together. We do do everything together this is true whether its grocery shopping or going out to the beach or taking a trip. Lately his friends girls and guys have been getting on him about how he doesnt call them anymore - this is untrue. He does call them and he always answers the phone when they call. He still hangs out, and I still hang out with my friends but they usually get us as a package deal. I can see I guess how this can be frustrating even though most of our friends are mutual they dont get any one on one time with us but thats just how it is. His friends keep telling him that its not right because they knew him first etc. etc. The way he sees it he isnt going to marry them so he isnt really to concerned if they are feeling slightly neglected... we have a family and our family comes first (I have a two year old daughter from a previous relationship but her dad is out of our lives and for all purposes my fiancee is her dad.) He doesnt want to go out and not have me there and the same way around. we dont get sick of each other! We spend a lot of time working, and I mean A LOT so thats usually our alone time from each other. On the very rare occasion we need a break we let each other know and we take a day off. His friends keep telling him that us spending so much time together isn't the way things are supposed to be and also that its going to be the downfall of our relationship. I want to tell them to shut up and butt out - most of their relationships are failing miserably and there is honestly NOTHING wrong with our relationship. They are mad because he doesnt go to the club anymore and doesnt go out drinking. He is almost thirty... I think you kind of have to hang that up at some point. They blame me for this but the funny thing is I never asked him to stop going he came to me one day and told me he wasnt going anymore because he feels like its a respect thing torwards me and because he feels like its time for him to settle downa little bit. Now the only reason any of this bothers me is because my fiancee does enjoy seeing his friends but when we all go places together now they give me dirty looks and dont talk to me because they think i'm brain washing him. I can honestly say although I appreciate all the attention he gives me and all the things he does for me I have NEVER once told him or asked him to be this way. I dont want to go out with his friends anymore. Its akward for me and I feel so hated. I dont mind if he goes by himself but he's upset when I say this because he feels like its something he did thats making me want to stay home and spend less time with him. How can I tell my fiancee I hate his friends and dont want to be around them without him kicking them to the curb?? He would probably quit hanging out with them because he would feel like they are disrespecting me. These are his childhood friends and I think he has every right to hang out with them... I just dont want to!!!How can I deal with this situation...?
He's a family man now so the partying and clubbing days need to be behind him or at least be put on the back burner, meaning you and the child come first and everything else is second. If his friends can't understand that then that's their problem and they need to check themselves but he still needs friends...they just need to respect the fact that life changes and goes on and he can't stay the same person they used to party with. People resent change so i can understand where the friends are coming from but if they're truly his friend then they need to respect you and your fiancees situation and just enjoy spending any time with him, even if that includes you being there hanging out.

My advice to you is for all of you to sit down and discuss this as reasonable adults and explain to them he's a family man now, which might be a problem as they sound like they haven't matured yet.How can I deal with this situation...?
First; there's nothing wrong with people in a relationship going out and hanging out with their friends now and then....perfectly normal. Too much isn't good....not enough isn't good either.



That said....each person in a relationship has to do what's right for them. If he's happy just being with you and not his friends, then that works for him. In my opinion I think he should go hang with them now and then ---- alone (you too with your friends), but if he doesn't, that's his choice.



Maybe you should tell him how things are from your point of view and maybe he can talk to his friends and let them know you aren't influencing him in any way. They (his friends) probably feel like they are losing, or lost his friendship, when in fact they haven't. Those are important as a romantic relationship. Necessary for a healthy emotional mind.



Good luck!
Set an allotted time for him to see his friend without you tagging along, both of you need friends and time away from each other otherwise you'll strangle the relationship to death.
Do you really expect us to wade through that very long, run-on paragraph? Didn't you learn to use some punctuation to help the reader get through to what you're trying to say?



I couldn't get as far as the problem you're asking about, here.
i understand that you love spending time with each other and that's cool, but i understand where his friend are coming from the reason they give you the stink eye is because when you are there, there are stuff they cant talk about in front of you (it might be nothing personal but its Just uncomfortable) they been with each other since childhood so it will take time for you to earn there trust. im sure you can understand that with your friends. your eventually gonna have to get this off your chest so things will be easy in the long run. sometimes things you say in a relationship will hurt at first but in time it will only make you two stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment