Thursday, October 21, 2010

How to deal with a clingy friend without being a horrible person?

When i came to my school i imagined myself as evey ones friend, but no body's best-fried. But there is a girl in my class who did not really have any friends, and people teased her and labeled her as ';the tubby kid';. So i thought i would try and be nice to her, maybe invite her over to my house once. But maybe she got the wrong message because now she thinks that we are BEST friends who have to do EVERYTHING together. I mean at first it wasn't that bad, but now she will get really upset if i spend lunch with someone else or even if i don't sit next to her. I realy don't want to be her friend anymore, she is really clingy and pushy and also kind mean, but i feel realy bad becuase im the only person she has got to talk to, please help.. i feel awful!How to deal with a clingy friend without being a horrible person?
wow, your kind in a bind. i did the same tihng once with this freshman at my school, he was skinny, short and he was always at lunch by himself, so i went to him, made him my bud and introduced him to my lady friends so he would feel something like a man. he had fifth period with me and it started gtting to the point where the kid would always sit next to me, follow me every where and i think buy me introducing him to my lady friends, he grew some balls. he even stared tryin to push me around in front of them, so i told him hes a ****** wierdo who needs to back off, your driving me crazy. what im tryin to say is, sometimes you have to be mean for th greater good of yourself, or youll go crazyHow to deal with a clingy friend without being a horrible person?
just tell her that you want to spend some time with your other firends... say hey, why don't you come and sit by me today, i am going to go and sit by some of my good friends today!
I believe that I would try to talk to her, and explain that you do not mind being her friend, but you have other friends as well, and for her not to be offended in this. It sounds like she has never really had a friend, and I can see why.
You have to tell her like it is. Tell her you like her and want to remain friends but you are a social person and you like to have many friends and she is becoming a little too demanding.

Try to remember she lacks self confidence and is afraid to loose you as a friend.
What's up with people not being able to be direct with another person? Just tell her what you're thinking. Remember this, there is a reason that certain people have no friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment